February Chapter Meeting
When: Friday, May 8, 2015
Time: 11:30 A.M.
Where: Clarion Inn in Cedar Falls
Speakers: Mike Whitmore, IOSHA Consultation
Topic:OSHA and Chapter Elections
Menu: Order off the menu
Mike Whitmore from IOSHA Consultation will be provide an update on what's going on at OSHA and answer questions. Also, members will be voting on the new Chapter Officer slate presented in the last newsletter.
As always, you don't have to be a member to attend.
2015 ASSE Chapter Meetings
The following is some suggested topics to the 2015 ASSE Chapter Meetings: (In no particular order)
1. Virtual Reality - John Deere Tractor Works
2. Visit – Fertilizer Plant - Tour
3. Vendor Presentations - Speakers
4. NFPA 70E – Speaker
5. IOSHA – Current Issues
6. Ethanol Plant - Visit
Other topics ideas to consider:
· Construction Safety Program – Qualifications bring a Contractor on Sight
· Fork Truck/Pedestrian Safety Program – Blue Light System
· Hazardous Material Regulations - John Deere – Brad Storm
· Fall Protection – Silva Speaker & Demo of Equipment
· Machine Guarding – Rockford Systems – Speaker
· Medical Management – Worker’s Comp – Speaker
· Safety Awareness Incentives – Do they work – Speaker/Vendor
· Safety Risk Assessment – DuPont
· I-Pad Safety Audits – Field ID
· Disaster Preparedness
· Plant Fire Brigade Program
· Emergency Eye Wash Stations – Best Practices
· Glove Safety Program – John Deere Engine Works
Founded in 1911, ASSE is the world’s oldest and largest professional safety organization. Its 33,000 members manage, supervise and consult on safety, health and environmental issues in industry, insurance, government and education. ASSE has 12 Practice Specialties and 150 chapters in the United State and abroad. For more information on ASSE, check out ASSE Home.
The North East Iowa Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers was founded in 1997, having previously been a section of the Hawkeye Chapter. Currently, the Chapter has over 40 members from various companies, industries, hospitals and educational institutions. The Executive Committee is comprised of volunteer members who are elected or appointed to one-year terms and operate under chapter bylaws approved by ASSE. Check out the Officer contact information, bylaws and the chapter’s long range plans.
At monthly meetings, knowledgeable presenters address current safety, health and environmental issues. The luncheon is informal and provides members and non-members the opportunity to network with experts and other safety professionals who work in and around the area. This is a great time to learn about developments in the industry as well as develop valuable professional relationships. Check out the meeting schedule and come join us.
In addition to our meetings, the North East Iowa Chapter produces an informative monthly newsletter. The newsletter includes upcoming meeting and events information, job line, and occupational safety and health related articles. Our newsletter editor creates interesting and information packed monthly newsletters – we invite you to check out Newsletters.
Members of ASSE also receive “Professional Safety”, a journal that contains the cutting edge of safety topics. For technical publications available to members at a discounted price, check out ASSE Home.
For information on how you can join the chapter or volunteer for board or committee positions, contact the Chapter President, Cindy Houlson.